Thursday, April 7, 2011

2nd grade Winter Collage Pictures

I have mentioned elsewhere on this blog that I thoroughly enjoy  Donna Hugh's art videos.   This idea is from one of her videos on collage.   On a large black paper, students cut out various rectangle/square colored construction paper.  They created the triangle tops from scraps.   


The polyfill came from an old costume I had,  I had planned on throwing it out but knew the polyfill would come in handy sooner or later.   I mixed glitter in with a small amount of glue, put it in a small tub, and it was applied using a paint brush (I used gold but think silver would have been better).  Here are a few more examples of kids works.





 Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.  ~Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment