Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pointillism for Primary Grades

Pointillism (1st-3rd grade)



1st and 2nd grade project
I have a computer full of art project pictures but haven't been blogging much this year. But perhaps I can get back into it with this post.
This is a center project I made available for 1st - 3rd grades. I provided students with models to work from and gave a simple and quick demonstration of the "painting" process. Using a pencil to draw in the details, students then used
Q-Tips to apply the dots. 
  

3rd Grade


I'm not sure where the idea came from but here is a website with a similar picture and and explanation of the process. 



I'm not sure where the idea came from but here is a website with a similar picture and and explanation of the process. 






3 comments:

  1. Nice post, i hope everyone will like your post..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post, It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tips. I'm presenting for art appreciation next week on pointillism and this is a great help!
    any other advice?
    I'm going to talk about the famous painting Sunday on the Island of La Grande Jatte .
    And then have the kids do an art project (3rd grade)

    ReplyDelete