The next step was to add the details. I made available beans, buttons, beads, yarn, tissue paper, crape paper, pieces of wood, and anything else I could find.
I provided examples and demonstrated (using my document camera) some ideas they could employ in their artwork. Then I let them play. Once again I'm pleasantly surprised. I'll probably post the finished collages in a few weeks (after I've managed to snap pictures of them).
Here are a few more pictures of the set up. I'll have more in my next post.
I'm currently working on individual collage projects for 1st through 5th. So far there is a desert scene with mountains in the background (using tissue paper) and underwater scene (tissue paper) and a theme collage (magazine pictures and misc objects). I have a few more ideas rolling around in the back of my head just waiting to get out.
Have a great week.